In the 1990s, MTV debuted a hit series of claymation shorts entitled Celebrity Deathmatch. The series involved celebrities fighting against each other in a wrestling ring, and started way back on Cartoon Sushi with the very first fight, murderer Charles Manson vs. shock-rocker Marilyn Manson. It was later revived in 1998 for MTV's Super Bowl XXXII halftime special, then made into a regular program three months later, and eventually cancelled in 2002 after four years.
After the cancellation, and before the 2006 MTV2 revival, MTV Germany got the rights to do a horribly-done special. Unknown to American audiences, this special was called Celebrity Deathmatch Hits Germany!. It featured eleven one-minute-and-a-half fights featuring German celebrities, but only a few have been uploaded to the Internet, and this batch consisted of:
- Harald Schmidt vs. Stefan Raab
- Udo Lindenberg vs. Harald Juhnke
- Michael Schuhmacher vs. Boris Becker
- Sven Vaeth vs. Westbam
- Anke Engelke VS Sabrina Setlur
The fights that haven't been uploaded are:
- Campino VS Bela B.
- Joschka Fischer VS Gerhard Schroder
- Stefan Kretzschmar vs. Mario Basler
- Gronemeyer VS Muller-Westerhagen
- Thomas Gottschalk VS Kai Pflaume
- Xavier Naidoo VS Thomas D.