DISCLAIMER: This article (or part of it) deals with Violent, Sexual, Profane, and/or Drug-Related Content. Viewing is Advised.
- Blood flow was cut from the shot of Alice being stabbed in the temple with an ice pick.
- Crazy Ralph's death initially had the wire choking him to death and piercing his skin.
- There was originally blood flow after Jason drives the hammer claw into the police officer's head.
- Additional blood flow was cut from the shot of Jason slicing Scott's throat.
- Mark's death was edited somewhat: originally, you could see Jason approaching behind him and there was a reverse camera angle showing the machete going into Mark's face.
- The infamous impalement scene was originally shown penetrating both Jeff and Sandra (a still of this scene was published in Fangoria before the movie was released and later reused as a picture on the back cover of a VHS release). Aditionally, the sex scene between Sandra and Jeff was longer and it included full frontal nudity from actress Marta Kober but when Paramount studio discovered that she was underage the scene was deleted completely.
An additional deleted scene was also cut at the end of the movie where Pamela Voorhees's severed head opens its eyes and smiles in freeze frame before the credits roll; this was cut as the Director Steve Miner decided it lessened the movie's impact.Fans for a long time have clamored for a full uncut version release, to which Paramount have stated that they've long since disposed of the negative and is now believed to no longer exist.