Check out the Lost Media Wiki’s article on the Roary the Racing Car American English dub!!!!
Roary the Racing Car is a British show about a talking racing car named Roary. In the United States, The show aired on Sprout from September 26th, 2008 to July 7, 2012. When aired on Sprout, the show was given a US dub which uses American English and new voice actors, which is on a small amount of DVDs. Nowadays the US Dub is very rare and several episodes of it have yet to surface. Despite this, possibly all episodes released on DVD have been found and made available online, though only one episode from Sprout was found.
In the American dub, there are several differences to the original British version, these include:
- Most characters do not speak with their original British accent and instead have an American accent. The voice actors for most characters have also changed.
- However, Maxi now has a Brooklyn accent instead of an Italian one.
- The dub now uses American terms, such as truck instead of lorry.
- Cici has been renamed to Zizzy.
- Drifter was renamed to Dragga.
- Flash is renamed to Furzz.
- The catchphrase "Flash must dash" was also changed to "Furzz must fly".
- FB is renamed to Trucksy.
- Plugger is now named Lugga.
List of episodes found
- Roary Cleans up His Act
- Homesick Tin Top
- Roary Takes Off
- Roary Sees Red
- Roary's First Day
- Roary Goes Back To School
- Zizzy Spectacular
- Stars 'n' Cars
- Rusty Takes a Trip
- Big Chris Babysits
- Roary Gets it Wrong
- Computer Calamity
- Big Chris Forgets
- Big Chris' Big Workout
- Big Chris Learns To Fly
- Roary's Day At The Seaside
- Tunnel Vision
- Some streaming services stream Roary the Racing Car in the US, however, they use the UK dub, which is more common, even in the US.
- Some episodes of Roary the Racing Car were added as bonus features to other HiT entertainment DVDs in the US dub, which is how most of these got found.
- Only 1 full DVD of Roary the Racing Car was released in the US, this DVD is simply titled Roary the Racing Car. This DVD was not available online for awhile, making it somewhat rare, it was also unknown if it used the US dub or not. However, when it was eventually uploaded online by Jamesandedward7, it was found that it does indeed have the US dub.