SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge is a 2001 platformer game developed by Climax Group and published by THQ and Nickelodeon for the PlayStation and Game Boy Advance released on September 21, 2001. The game combines 2D characters on a 3D background.
A Nintendo 64 version was planned, but was cancelled possibly for the following reasons:
- Space limitations on the Nintendo 64 cartridges
- The Nintendo GameCube would be released on November 18, 2001, less than two months after this game was released
- THQ's support for the N64 ending.
It's unknown if a prototype was ever developed. However, some people claimed to have discovered gameplay for the N64 Prototype.
- There was many pieces concept art for the game that have been found.
- Three of the above pieces of concept art are extremely lewd and infamous. they contain extremely graphic depictions of Patrick engaging in explicit activities with Sandy and Spongebob, and Spongebob in bondage attire.