Storytime also known as Kino's Storytime was a preschool series that ran from October 12, 1992 to September 1, 1997 on PBS and shares similarities to Reading Rainbow like reading actual children's books you can find in a library or bookstore with pictures from the books used. The main character was a puppet child named Kino as he is joined by two female human co-hosts, Anne Betancourt as Lucy and Marabina Jaimes as Mara.
The series was produced by Los Angeles PBS affiliate KCET (which is no longer affiliated with the channel until 2019).
Most of the episodes were released on 10 VHS tapes from Strand Home Video. Three are known to still exist, but it is unknown who owns them
- Owl Babies/Two of Everything/A Mother for Choco
- Winnie the Witch/The Last Time I saw Harris/Eddie & Teddy/One of Three [in three parts]
- The Three Little Wolves & the Big Bad Pig/The True Story of the Three Little Pigs [both stories partial and incomplete]
- Several celebrity guest readers are known to appear on the show such as John Goodman, Ellen DeGeneres, Meshach Taylor, Valerie Bertinelli, Tim Allen, Little Richard, Annie Potts, Wilford Brimley and many others
- Kino made a few appearances in the VHS Kids for Character