Check out the Lost Media Wiki’s article on Super Mario Kart R!!!
Mario Kart 64 is a 1996 kart racing video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 64. It is the second game in the Mario Kart series and the successor to Super Mario Kart for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The game was first released in Japan on 14 December 1996, in North America on 10 February 1997 and in the United Kingdom on 24 June 1997. It was later released as a Virtual Console game for the Wii and Wii U in 2007 and 2016, respectively. But The Original Prototype Is Lost
Changes From The Final Version
- The Game Was Originally Called "Super Mario Kart R".
- Kamek. A Character From Super Mario World 2 Was Planned To Be Playable, But He Got Replaced By Donkey Kong In The Final Game
- The Question Mark Boxes Looked Different. In The Beta They Were Black And Had Multicolored Question Marks On Each Side
- The font looks different
- There is a beta track called town: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxF-9cm0nX4&t=160s
- The town track used the title screen music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d_sU82XBsU&t=9s